Tuesday, September 23, 2008

man of the world

This song has been playing from the morning i opened my eyes today.On and on and on.It's without a doubt one of the best songs ever to be recorded.In a time where re-edits champion the scene(yeah im one of those guys too),a 3 minute long track can showcase it's strength.Peter Green's voice is breathtaking.In fact he's telling the story of his life and he means every word he says.That guy is a living legend.B.B King once quoted this about Green "He has the sweetest tone I ever heard; he was the only one who gave me the cold sweats".I guess its's kind of a praise for a white boy to get that respect from a black blues legend.Peter Green was the founder of Fleetwood Mac,a group which eventually became a completely different one from it's original form.Im not one of those guys who claims that their 70's and 80's output was commercial crap.I kind of adore every single thing this group produced but i tend to consider Peter Green's first line up a different group.Peter Green was a tragic figure suffering scizophrenia after excessive LSD use.That reminds me of someone else now that i've mentioned it..Anyway this song sums up the myth of one of the best guitarists to have walked this and founder of one of your favourite bands."I could tell you about my life and keep you amused i'm sure"

No comments: