Tuesday, September 16, 2008

the days before disco


Since i wasn't born listening to disco music you can easily guess that other kinds of music occupy my turntable from time to time.Back in my teen days one of my heroes was the enigmatic Lawrence and my favourite band was(well still is maybe) the Felt.I claim to have almost all of their releases on vinyl.Well not all but all the older ones at least.After Forever Breathes the Lonely Word i lost the plot to be honest.That guy Lawrence and his band were probably the most esthet and eclectic indie band of the 80's and their dinstictive guitars of Maurice Deebank were a trademark of their sound.Their song Primitive Painters comes from their Robin Guthrie produced album ''Ignite the Seven Cannons''.Robin Guthrie of the Cocteau Twins has been mentioned again here for hsi track the Day Star some time ago.Well this is one of the best songs of the 80's courtesy of one of my favourite bands in the world.

Felt-Primitive Painters
http://www.zshare.net/audio/18890341

No comments: